Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Well it's Tuesday. The last 5 days have been an emotional roller coaster for me. I won't go into everything on here, but I think some of the greatest pain I've experienced happens when someone I love is hurting. Example: My freshman year of college, my brother was hit head on by a drunk driver and was rushed to the hospital. When I found this out from my dad I went into the bathroom and threw up. (He's fine by the way, amazingly only broke his arm). Needless to say, my family is very important to me and would do just about anything for them.

So, with all the emotions running wild, I had a choice to make on how I was going to eat. There were some wrong choices made and some right ones. I was talking with my friend Megan last night about the mindset of getting healthy. Part of this mindset includes thinking ahead and realizing that the decisions you make today determine the outcome later on. Sounds simple. Very hard to implement to someone who is as self-centered as I am. I'm beginning to understand that my decisions have consequences. I think my next big hurdle is going to be self control. This has always been an issue for me...I tend to live excessively. Good news: God can actually overcome personalities and lifestyles. "[the young women are] to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled." Titus 2:4-5. What's the reasoning behind being self controlled and pure? So that God's word isn't reviled. So that God's glory is shown. So that God can use my life for His glory and not just in spite of me, but through me and for His glory. I so desire this to be true of my life.

In other news and truly by a miracle of the Lord, I have lost 2 lbs this week! This brings my grand total to 6 lbs lost...I'll take it :)

No comments: