Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Consistency

Consistency. This is huge. At the end of the day, this is what is going to make or break me. My roommate reminded me of this last night. She understands the importance of discipline in someone's life. My mind immediately gags whenever I see the word discipline. It is so against my nature to follow the rules. In fact, I'm the type that if there is a rule and I don't really like it, I will deliberately disobey it. Example: Jenny, you should journal and write things down that you're feeling. My immediate response resembles that of a 2 yr old: pouting and just saying NO. My rebellion is ugly. I wish it were not my response. Things would be so much easier. But, discipline is hard. And usually not too fun either. Case in point- eating things that I should eat and NOT eating things that I shouldn't eat. Pouting ensues. Humans have been pouting for years by the way. Since Adam and Eve. I want to do what I want to do. No matter what anyone else tells me I should do. I know that I should be eating healthy and exercising like a fiend and sometimes I want to. But, when I've been up for 14 hours and I haven't worked out that day and I need to and there's nothing in the pantry except bread, cereal, and spaghetti sauce, I don't want to. I apologize for whining and pouting. Ironic.
The reality is that this Initiative is going to take a long time. And I'm not happy about that, but it is what it is. I did lose that pound I gained back last week. But that's it. Consistency. Hopefully I'll start to see some better results in the weeks to come. Thank you all for your support :)

No comments: