Monday, May 7, 2007

Preparation

It's one week and counting..... I am about to encounter on a great adventure. I'm going to Africa......to live basically...well for 2 months anyway. I've gotten several emails from my supervisor about preparation......and how it's not really anything I can do at all....nothing except of course surrender. This is what I must do. I must give to the Lord all of my luxories...which really isn't that hard for me...that's another thing I have to give up: PRIDE. nasty thing...it's gotta go. I have to give A/C and running water. But, most importantly, I have to give up me and how I want to do things: nothing good will come of that.

"We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body." 2 Cor. 4:10


"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone." Col. 4:2-6

4 comments:

Mallory said...

I know. I miss you too. I'm sad that I don't have the internet or a computer. I love you lady! I'm so excited for your trip to Africa! I leave for my trip 1 month from today! woo!!

Anonymous said...

I love my sister...big bro jon

Anonymous said...

i love you!!

amberburger said...

we are so excited for you jenny! this summer is going to be awesome! i am so glad you made that meal and it worked great for you...we love it. i am excited about reading about your journey!