Monday, May 21, 2007

Life So Far

First of all i'm typing on a french keyboard so forgive me if there is a typo. I'm in my village and house!! I live in the village of N'Gor. Leah and I are living in the chief's house..... along with about 15 other people...no exaggeration! Life is good.. a little boring...slow. During the day we sit, talk, watch tv, help cook, and play with the kids. We've really befriended 2 of the ladies: May and Aida..they both speak english which is helpful. Next Monday I start my painting projects! So thats good. I miss ya'll alot(thats right i have my accent back!! ha) and i can definately feel the prayers. Keep them comin....these people are so lost and its heartbreaking.
Love,love,love
Jenny
1 Cor. 9:22-23

5 comments:

Mallory said...

That sounds like an exciting life you are living. Have you learned any french? oui? May term is almost over and I'm so stoaked but yet sad to be leaving the Haye household. I check your site everyday to see if you have updated! I hope that you are learning tons. I pray for you every morning in the shower...and randomly throughout the day. hehe. I love you lady and keep up the good work! Oh...have you taken lots of pictures?

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're having a nice relaxing time! I've been working alot still. Only 27 more working days left for me until I don't have to do this stupid flower thing anymore! I'm so excited! Well I have to go work on some VBS stuff! I love you lots! I'm sad I wasn't online when you were!

Mallory said...

I miss you. Jordin won American Idol. I'm ok with that tho. She was really good. I'm glad that Blake isn't labeled with all of that stuff now...he can get his show on the road. Plus Jordin is only 17. I'm having Jenny with drawls. I hope that you are having an amazing time. The African children sang again tonight and I cried the whole time and everyone was making fun of me. No one understands why I was crying, only Jenny. I love you lady!!

Anonymous said...

sounds good jen...Nora, Mattie, and Lindsay say hello....I told Nora that you would not have any running water and her response was...oh no... why cant she drink any water she has to be able to have water....then I explained it to her and she understood....i think ??...but know that we are praying for you...even the girls...
we love you

jon/rach/nora/mattie/lindsaymo

Anonymous said...

I was bored the other day, so I was watching youtube movies, and I watched the moonwalking ice skater one and thought of you! Then I started laughing cuz I remember all us laughing and then you running to the bathroom!! Hahaha....good times! I miss ya! I was also thinking about the American Idol concert and got really excited. But I then realized that it wasn't for another 3 months, so I got sad again. I miss ya tons, but I know you are having an amazing time! I'm praying for you and love you!