Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I'm Here!!

Well friends I made it. I'm in Dakar in a little cyber cafe. Good times. The flights went well....waiting in Casablanca was a loooong time but that's okay. Right now we're staying in the Baptist guesthouse and there's showers and running water!! :D Later in the week, we'll be placed in different villages. I'm going to be moving around a little bit because each village needs different art. I think I'll be staying at the guesthouse to paint a mural first and then I'll move on from there.
Today we learned greetings, how to talk with the taxi guy, and how to buy things in the market. It's definately challenging for me as some of you know, I'm not the greatest with languages. Anyway, next I'm going to learn to use the telecentre....the telephone. So, I'm off!!

Love, love, love,
Jenny
P.S. Thanks to everyone for all the prayers...keep on keepin on!!

9 comments:

Mallory said...

You will do great with the language! I'm sure that it will be easier than spanish because you will actually be using it! 22 days until I go to Thailand! Woot

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you made it safe! And goo luck with the language...I'm sure you'll be fine! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

i am proud of you...we're praying for you...i love you...dad

Anonymous said...

American Idol was tonight! And guess who is in the finals??? BLAKE AND JORDIN!!! I was so excited I screamed! I hope you're having an amazing time in Africa! Love ya!

Mallory said...

I second alicia. Well... I almost cried. I don't really care who wins from here out. lol I just wanted them two to be in the final 2! yay!!

I love you lady!!

Anonymous said...

good to hear you're there and ok...love you and miss you!

Anonymous said...

we love you...glad you got there safely...jon/rach and the girls

Mallory said...

I miss you. I miss you. Oh how I misssssssssss you. I hope that your time in Africa has been amazing. I miss seeing your face everyday. This is something that my brain is still not comprehending. I was watching sheer genius the other day and thought about you. Sad. Well...Love you and I'm praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Alan is getting us tickets for the American Idol concert on August 18th!! He said that they'll be seats on the track, so we'll be closer I think. And we'll all sit together! I hope you're having an amazing time! I love you!