Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Ch..ch..ch..ch..changes!

First off the Color Run was spectatcular. Just take a look at this picture if you don't believe me:

Ridiculous amounts of fun were had. We lined up on Sunday morning, along with thousands of other people dressed in cripy, clean white shirts. Our wave was released around 9:20a or so. I started out jogging and my new friend Karisse ran with me, bless her heart :). After about 3 or 4 min. I had to stop because my body said no. I walked and walked and my wonderful friends were waiting for me at the top of hill. During that walk, I decided I had to make a choice. My body was not going to do what I wanted it to do, which was jog and run and like it. So, I could either be really upset about that, or I could just get over it and enjoy the color. I chose the latter and we had an amazing time. We danced our way through each color zone. Orange, by far, had the best color throwers :)We stopped to take pictures. It was grand. We finished in just under an hour, which was actually my goal. Then we had a big party of color. So fun.

While I was there with my friend Megan and one of her closest friends from college, Karisse, I listened as they each celebrated their newly healthy bodies. I must admit I was jealous, but extremely happy and proud for each of them. But it's something I wanted too. I want to be healthy, and I want to be able to do things that I can't right now. I don't want my knees to stop working, and they will if I don't make changes. Being totally honest here. Because of all this revelation, I'm beginning a new diet next week. Lots of radical changes in eating in the very near future. It's going to be VERY hard, but I'm ready. I'm excited about this program because it's going to deal with the whys of overeating and what to do about that, and how the Gospel answers those deep soul questions. And don't worry, I will keep you updated...hopefully with more pictures :)

Here's my pre-race photo:


1 comment:

Kimi said...

Hey Jennayyy!

The color run looks so fun! I want to run it! Have you heard of the Paleo diet? It's what people who do crossfit (the super hard core, military training type gym) do and swear by it. I did Crossfit for a month (its so expensive, I couldn't afford it anymore) and that's when I first really heard about it. Then, we started leading a CG, and a girl in our CG does it, mainly for her skin. She didn't do it to lose weight, but lost 25 pounds in 3 months. And she says her energy is through the roof and has super clear thinking. Its definitely helped her acne, and her anxiety. She's a librarian, and did a lot of research and there are lots of scientific studies that back it up. Anyway, its kinda hardcore but people who do it swear but it. There is something called the Whole 30 you can do to detox before doing it, and then after that you can paleo-fy desserts and such. Or have cheat days, or do like 70% paleo. There is also the Perfect 10 diet, which does 3 weeks paleo, than you slowly add grains back in, only to what your body can handle, its by an internal medicine doctor. Anyways, just thought I'd let you know about it if you haven't heard, I just know a lot of people that its worked for, not just to lose weight, but to be really healthy and have gotten of medications.
Love,
Kimi