Thursday, June 21, 2012

Hurry Up and Wait

Hello Friends!
It's Thursday, which means tomorrow is Friday, which means the weekend is CLOSE. :)

Recently I had a meeting with the Dean at seminary. We talked about me coming back to school. He kept saying over and over how no one has ever done this before. To the pessimist this does not sound good. But, his point was that everyone who has ever been expelled didn't want to come back, much less did they try. He was overjoyed that I wanted to try. Unfortunately, admission is not up to him. I do however, have to write a letter explaining why I want to come back and finish. And my reasoning can't just simply be to finish, as much as I want to haha :)
So begins my gifting of procrastination. I do well in this area. I've spent the last week mulling over why I want to go back to school. It would be easy for me to spin a well written explanation of reasons why and make it sound really really good. I don't want to do this. I want to be truthful. The truth of the matter is, I don't have to finish my degree to be able to serve in ministry. I've been serving in ministry without one. What's my ministry you ask? Well currently I have a job in the "real world." Ministry experience is an understatement.
My dream has always been to move to NYC and "do" ministry there. Do I need a degree to do that? Nope. Would it be nice to have it? Yep. I lack 9 hrs- 3 of those being a practicum, aka, a mission trip with book reviews :) So, you see my conundrum...I've assigned myself to write this letter this weekend. Comments and suggestions are appreciated :)
After I write said letter, I send it to the Dean. He then writes one back giving me official permission to apply for school, starting classes in January. Life is coming at me so fast, yet so slow. Hurry up and wait has become my personal motto I think. God knows the plans He has for me. In fact, He made them. And He is never surprised by anything.
Also in the back of my mind is how in the world to start up a photography business. I've done some photos here and there of friends and family. I guess I just need to do this more and more. Maybe make a webpage. Buy new lenses ($$$). Lots involved. Also, I know nothing of running a business. Photo journalism is also in the back of my head. This was my intended purpose of getting a photography degree. Tell a story through photos. Unfortunately, it's a dying career. Everyone has a camera and everyone is telling their own story. I'm not giving up though. Like I said, hurry up and wait.

No comments: