Thursday, April 19, 2012

Hiatus

2 almost whole months. Whoa. Sorry about that hiatus. Life has been a little crazy, but my mind is strangely blank when I try and think of an excuse as to why I haven't written. I feel like I've traveled a bit. I went to D.C./Baltimore and got visit my amazing bro and sis-in-law and awesome nephew. I went to the mountains with the ladies of my church. This weekend I'll be spending some time with the 'rents.

Sometimes, I feel like my life is in fast forward and sometimes in slow motion. Ever feel that way? These days it feels like I'm super busy all the time and yet can't wait to move on to the next thing. This is the Lord giving me opportunities to be patient, I think. At our retreat, we learned about what it means to Abide in Christ (John 15). That is the million dollar question right? If I were forced to name just one thing I learned from that teaching it would be that abiding happens in the everyday moments of life: how I react, think, do, or just be anything. And if you would allow me one more lesson....if/when we're being changed by Christ, we don't realize it. In fact, our reaction and attitude is quite the opposite. We understand more and more fully the picture of sin in our lives in comparison to the Holiness of the Lord and desire to be with Him all the more.

It's a beautiful thing to be torn up by the love of God and then to be put back together by it (thank you Shane and Shane).

Some of you are probably wondering about the Initiative. It's not been the best success, but it's not a failure because I haven't given up. This week I started a Fit Challenge at work. I'm on a team with 3 other co workers where we have to record our fruits/veggies, water intake, and exercise output. The winning team gets a massage after 6 weeks! So, that's been fun.
I've been toying with the idea of doing something like Take Shape For Life, which is what my good friends Megan and Diana have done. They have both had amazing success with this, but it is pricey. I'm going through different options and trying to figure out the best course. Suggestions are welcome. :)

I've started taking more photos!! This makes my heart happy. I was taking pictures at our women's retreat during worship and I got very emotional. It was a moment where I felt like I was doing EXACTLY what I was supposed to be doing. My heart was full and I was so satisfied in who the Lord is making me to be. It was a GOOD moment to say the least. I'm still working on editing those photos, but here's one from D.C.!



Love always.

1 comment:

Alicia Kiesling said...

You should do a 5k race. I signed up and paid for it knowing there were no refunds and that since I paid for it, I was going to work hard and do well. Then I did the Couch 2 5k program and have really done well. Of course it's hard, but without trying too hard I've lost a few pounds and some inches and really started to like (notice I didn't say 'love'!) running.