Friday, February 17, 2012

Happy Friday everyone. I don't know that I've ever been more excited that it's Friday. That's probably not true. The Friday before my Disney trip probably takes that prize. Anywho, I'm thankful for the upcoming weekend. There will not be much time to rest physically, but there will be time to rest in God and His Mission, pretty much my favorite place to be. My church is having their annual missions conference: Entermissions. 3 years ago I attended this for the first time and it is what sealed the deal for me at North Wake. I've always been in love with the Missio Dei and what that means for followers of Jesus. Granted, I just became a believer but I was raised in a home where the Mission of God took priority and that has had a lasting effect on my life. Now, more than ever it is personal for me. God has called his followers to take part in His Mission of bringing people of every tribe and nation to himself, to share in the blessings and love of our Father. I think one of my favorite things about this is that the many cultures of the world reflect the character of God. God is not American or white or middle class. He's not really defined by human cultures at all, but we can learn about parts of who He is by learning about other cultures. I love this. I love that Japanese people and those from Papua New Guinea or those from Tanzania or Scotland or Brazil- all these people are made in the image of God. Brings a huge smile to my heart and a contentment that I cannot explain.
Anyway, health update: 7 lbs. lost so far. This is not so great...considering it has been a month and a half. I think I'm gonna have to take this up a notch. Last night I had an awesome workout on a fancy new machine at the gym with my friend Megan. It's kind of like an elliptical/glider. It's nice and it gets my heart rate up without as much impact on my knees and ankles. Sweat was pouring. You're welcome.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and take note of God's unending grace in your lives. :)

No comments: