Monday, June 25, 2007

It's Getting Hot!

O Africa....it's getting pretty hot here. yep. Not too much has been going on...we're at a little less than 3 weeks and only 2 weeks total in the village. Crazy! Leah and I have been sharing alot with a girl in our house-Amina...she's only 13. We've read through the first couple of chapters of John with her and she's so eager to learn. Pray that the Lord will use her curiosity to find Him. I'm doing more art this week. I've come up with a drawing that corresponds with a tape in Wolof and at the end of it is Jesus on the cross. So I'm doing that twice this week. Tonight Leah and I are cooking chili for our family and then we're showing the Jesus film...please pray that this goes well!! The Lord has been teaching me a ton.....trust, His Sovereinty, and just how He does things. It's been really hard and trying and I must admit I miss home quite a bit but I want to finish strong for His Name and His Renown. We have a getaway July 3,4, and 5....so that'll be fun. Then I'm only in the village for another week....after that we have a debriefing and then we come home! I miss America and someone please drink a Dr. Pepper for me! Haha! I miss everyone alot and thank you again for all your prayers-they are powerful and the Lord hears them!
Love, love, love,
Jenny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hang in there...we are praying for you and love you lots...bro jon