Monday, July 23, 2007

Foreign America

So, I've been back in America for a week now. And it's okay. Last week when I landed in New York I wasn't sure if it was going to be okay. There were so many people speaking English and I felt like I had to listen to every single person simply because I could. Well, then I had a delayed flight and finally made it back to the South. Well, Delta lost my amazing basket that had lots of stuff in it. I had to put in a report and then we just had to wait. My parents and I spent the night in Atlanta then made our way back to our new home in South Carolina. I love our new house! It's so cute. I love my new room. It's pretty cool. So, of course while all of this was going on I had tons of processing going on and along with that many people staring oddly at my right hand that happens to have quite a bit of henna on it. All of it was pretty overwhelming like I've mentioned before. I never had a breakdown or anything, just a missing of Senegal and a missing of all the amazing people that I came in contact with over there. Along with all of this, I've asked myself the question, What in the world am I doing after college? Seminary has become a big option along with interning somewhere to get photography experience. That's my top at the moment....but as we all know things change and that is still a whole year away. As for now, I'm looking forward to spending the rest of the summer with my parents in the South and visiting the rest of my family in a few weeks. Then I get to move in at school where I'll be living with 3 of the most amazing girls that attend HLG!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey...hows it going...miss you

jon